Executive Creative Director
Position title: Executive Creative Director
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
Wunderman is a global creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for ambitious brands. As part of an agency network with a footprint in over 90 markets around the world, we are uniquely positioned to rethink business, culture and brand experiences owning delivery from end to end.
Providing direction to the Creative Department and the rest of the agency, regarding integrated creative solutions for clients’ communication needs. Building and sustaining a highly effective creative team that develop only precise and ingenious solutions and striving for the long lasting and sustainable success of our clients
You’ll be responsible for
• Leading the Creative Department in finding integrated creative solutions
• Lifting the creative profile of the agency
• Awards points
• Drive the overall quality of the creative product whilst maintaining accountability to client objectives
• Establishes a culture where powerful advertising combines with creativity and quality
• Strive to meet the goal for the Creative Circle points as defined annually.
• The Agency through-the-line approach is supported by you and this sentiment is filtered down to your staff
• Ensure the quality of work is maintained/improved under your leadership
• Creative work that is presented is fully thought out solutions rather than options (including detailed thinking, budgets, timings)
• Produce TV ads that rank amongst the most liked ads in each emerging and developed
• Devising an award drive to produce better proactive work and ensuring that this drive is more efficiently run
• Gains respect from the client and develops a valuable relationship with the client organisation
• Create TTL “solutions” as opposed to “one-off”ads
• Work with strategy and media at reviews and the client presentations
• Clarify the exact purpose/deliverables of a brief before developing work
• Supportive of AM
• Complete work within client deadlines and budgets
• Create a culture of ‘solutions not problems’ within the creative department
• Develop and empower a second-tier creative management team
• Attract top talent and retain best creative staff
• Manage the careers of all
• Involved in performance management, discipline and career growth/planning of creative staff
Your experience and skills
• Matric/Grade 12
• Relevant Tertiary degree
• Must have minimum 10years+ experience in an advertising agency
• Management Experience
Our way of life
Our behaviours embody the way we show up for each other, and our clients. If you can identify with these, you just might be right for us:
• We listen more than we speak. We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
• We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
• We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
• We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and positivity to every situation we encounter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks, please note that your application was not successful, and your CV will be kept on our database for future positions.
For any enquiries, please email Xoli.Mashiane@wundermanthompson.com